Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thought Nuggets

My thoughts seem to come in brief bursts lately rather than in complete paragraphs, so here are some thought nuggets.
  • Pitchfork. I saw an article in the times I am too lazy to link too. I have this really really lame thing where every so often I try to expand/ increase the coolness of my taste in music. Most recently it involved a disastrous foray into electronic music, but every time I have tried to discover new music based on high pitchfork ratings it has been terrible. They like the most ridiculous stuff. 
  • My not very old laptop has HOLES in the outer shell bit for no apparent reason. Probably this is what the warrenty means when they don't cover wear and tear, correct?
  • It finally was in the 70s today. Finally, as in has been in the 50s and 60s. That is probably cooler than your fridge, east coast people. 
  • I do love bullet points.
  • This looks amazing does it not? Davids Byrns and Eggars exhibiting their art together? The only better David Byrnes collaboration is his childrens book with Moira Kalman, the greatest artist ever - an illustrated version of "Stay up Late.