Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cyberbullying Kills

OK, so my email address is my firstnamelastname@gmail.com - and my names are pretty common. I regularly get email for people who share my name, but whose google address has a middle initial, or something, which people leave out. I get many many group emails for one namesharer of mine, from a somewhat annoying group of girls. I block one, another sends me an email... recently, I decided to take action by replying all. Oops.

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 01:02:14 -0800
From: xxxxx@yahoo.com
Subject: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!
To: .....

HELLO!!!! I REALLY want to know all the GOSSIP from WIS and I wanna know it KNOW!!!! So could you please reply to this e-mail telling all the things that happened so far this year??
THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
LOVE ALL OF YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM, xxx (I wrote this part. Not my finest moment, but ok) <firstnamelastname@gmail.com> wrote:
I fucked an ugly 45 year old, and got my nipples pierced.


THANKS, xxx. U'VE OFFICIALY RUINED MY LIFE. YOU REALIZE THIS IS CYBERBULLYING? TO KIDS? UR THE 30 YR OLD.

REAL MATURE. OK; MY FRIENDS HAVE MADE A MISTAKE. I KNOW. I WILL PROBABLY SHUT DOWN THIS EMAIL THANKS TO YOU. YOU REALIZE THESE ARE ALL 11 YR OLDS???? WOW. YOU KNOW, YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TO BE SO RUDE.




I LOVE IT. I guess I am somewhat of an online predator now, but oh well. I vaguely remember that it is very easy to ruin an 11 year old's life, but now that I've done it, I feel accomplished.